Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finally...

So I finally started our family blog... YAY! Still a little plain but it's work in progress. And I tell ya, I had a heck of a time figuring things out but I've come a long way with it. There's still a lot left I'm needing to figure out... So any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!:o)

Hmmm... Well life has been slightly uneventful in the Hunsaker house in the recent past. With a few exceptions. We just got back on Monday from our trip to Utah for Thanksgiving. (I'll post another blog with the details and pictures from that later...) That was our first BIG road trip since May and it was a very overdue vacation!:o) As you can tell from the page set-up, we're super excited for Christmas!!!
But other than that, it's just work and school for us.

Drake will be 4 months old next week... CRAZY! Time is absolutely flying for us! He has developed quite the little personality. Shane & I agree that he kind of has a temper like mine... Bipolar!:o) He can be perfectly content, smiling and playing one second... Then BAM! Full blown fit! He's fun though. He loves me:oD I love it, especially when he first wakes up in the morning and is still a little out of it. I'll tell him "Good morning handsome!" and he gets the biggest smile on his face. He makes my day...
I'm a little upset though cuz I think my mom is brainwashing him! Haha... She watches him for us while I'm at work and he just loves her! Almost too much... :oD For instance, she wants the grandkids to call her "Nani-Ma" and as of late, Drake has started saying "Nan-nan-nan" when he's doing his whiny cry! I'm sure he doesn't know what he's saying....... but if he does, all I can do is say "No no no... it's 'Mom-mom-mom'" in hopes of getting him to really say my name instead! Haha my mom says I'm gonna be regretting that later when that's all he says... Oh well! I love being a mom and when that time comes that I get sick of hearing my name, then I will just have to try to remember this time in our lives!

Shane is doing good, or so he says:o) I'm pretty sure he is. He's glad to have his brother, Kyle, home from his mission now so he has a workout buddy and a motivator!:o) He is such a great husband and Daddy too! I love him sooo much!!! And he is definitely in love with his little boy... For a little while when we first brought baby home, the first thing he'd do when he got home from work is kiss and hold baby........... Yeah, that lasted about 2 days before I said something, HAHA!:o) Hey! You gotta give the mom some lovin' first, especially in that fragile emotional state, right?
Anyway, he just started working for a new branch with Wells Fargo. With that move he got a promotion and bumped up to full-time now that I'm only part-time... It's good AND bad. Between work and school, I feel like I never see him:o( Typical life of poor married students, right? BUT we are so blessed and are surviving! So I can't complain too much.


As for me,
I'm working in the podiatry office of a doctor in my parents' ward so that is working out nicely. I have the hours I need so I can be a mommy too and I enjoy the people I work with. I love it... I'm still doing hair, kind of. On the side for friends and family... No, there's no chance I will ever willingly go back to a salon.
I'm still kind of recovering from having Mr. Drake. Apparently the big 8 lb 10 oz guy did more damage to me than I thought... :o\ When I first went to the doctor for it back in October, I was scared cuz they did about every test possible to see if I was pregnant again!:oS When the nurse suggested that, I wanted to cry and told her that if the good Lord loves me, he wouldn't do that to me... Haha or would He??? I was freaking out cuz then when I thought of it, my symptoms were very similar to those I experienced in my first trimester with Drake, except for the pain. I'm not pregnant though (Phew!) I definitely could NOT handle 2 babies that would be less than a year apart!!!:oS *Shutter* Can you even imagine that?!?!
Sooooo... we still don't know exactly what's wrong yet but are definitely working on it. I just had a CT scan last week so we're waiting to hear the results at my next appointment. But I tell ya, as soon as we figure out what's wrong and fix it, I AM losing 20 lbs and then saving up for a cute clothes shopping spree!!!:oD I wanna be one Hott Mama! Haha...

Really though, I can't say enough how blessed we've been. Yeah, we've been thrown a few curve balls in the last year or so but that's life. And we are livin' it and lovin' it!:o) I think that's about it for now... I'll post the pics later!

13 comments:

Clarissa B. said...

Love the blog! I had no idea you have been sick. I'm sorry! :( If there is anything I can do for you, I'm just a few doors down! :)

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Glad to see you blogging :-)

Jill Rosenhan said...

YES! I have been waiting for this day! ;)
Let me know if you need any help with this! Dinner soon?
Love ya girl! Feel better soon!!!

Me and The Boys said...

Way cute! Glad you finally joined the club!

MommaChelle said...

hey! your background is so adorable!
PS i didnt know you are clarissa lived just a few doors down, how fun!

-The Bergen Family- said...

Hey I found you! Yeah, blog-buddies!

Veronica said...

ohhh my goodness i think i would have flipped if you were pregnant again!! hehehe we need more time to spoil drake!! anywho the blog looks good!! see you soon girly!!

Hills said...

YEAH LONNA! I love the blog! I hope you are feeling better! I'd love to bring you dinner some night...my best creation Papa Johns pizza haha.

The Hunsaker Bunch said...

Haha thanks so much all of you girls. I'm loving this blogging thing:oD And I love being able to see what's going on with you girls...

Really, I'm ok. This sickness is more annoying than anything cuz I can't really eat without getting sick to my stomach... :o\ And I'm gonna change my diet...... Lol

Sarah and David said...

Hey Lonna! It's Sarah Gubler or Sarah Hervey now... I know this is random, but hey I found you by accident while looking on Whitney's blog! I hope you don't mind. I just starting doing the blogging thing too recently. Mine is set to private, so if you want to look at it and keep in touch than send me an email at shervey06@yahoo.com, or what is your email address so I can send you an invite to my blog? Congrats on your baby boy - we have the same b-day (Aug. 8)! Hope you feel better soon!

Jenna said...

Lonna! I'm so glad I found you! I want you to email me your email address so I can add you to my blog since its blocked. my email is jennawinters@gmail.com. I am so excited to be updated on you and your cute family!

miss chaz. said...

Yay for blogging!!!!!!!! I just love your little family :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Welcome to the blogging world!