Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reminiscing & feeling old.

I was just looking at some past posts & found one that I did while I was bored at work. A "where were you then & where will you be?" kind of quiz. It got me thinkning about the answers as they apply to me today and, well... I thought I'd re-share it with you because it gave me a little bit of trauma:o) But mostly, it just made me smile. So here it is:

10 years ago...
I was turning 14. I had just graduated from Aprende Middle School (BLEH!) thus ending the not so happiest years of my life. I had also just got my braces off after 5 miserable years. And I had started Summer School P.E. as a high schooler! There I had seen the HOTTEST Mormon boy I had ever laid eyes on- Shane Hunsaker!:o) And I came home & told my Mom that I had found my future husband!

10 years from now...
I will be 34...... Haha I'll probably either be having a cow about it or be completely use to the feeling of being old since I will have felt that way for about 10 years by then!;o) I will have been married for 13 years, but been with Shane for 20 years!:o) Shane will be a seasoned Physical Therapist or possibly a Bank Manager with WellsFargo (We'll see!) Drake will be turing 12 & receiving the Aaronic Priesthood & Jax will be turning 10. (This last statement just gave me some emotional trauma!!!) Hopefully we'll have maybe 2 or 3 more kids at this point in time as well... But under the age of 7!!!! Lol :o)

5 years ago...
I was turning 18 and so excited to finally be an adult! I had just graduated from Higley High School- Class of '04! (This is the part that made me feel old, btw!) Ended probably my most favorite year of high school. Shane was working with my Uncle Todd in Globe as a physical therapy tech 5 days a week- giving me a slight taste of what to expect life to be like while he was on the mish. We were getting ready to go on our big Senior trip together (since we missed the school organized one) to Utah to spend time with my different family members up there. That year I got my first job working at good ol' Albertson's in Customer Service... And I had absolutely no idea how much I would miss those days.

5 years from now...
I will be 29 & thinking about how I had no idea how much I would miss THESE days!:o) Shane will hopefully be graduating or close to it from graduate school as a Physical Therapist... Or possibly been graduated and already a Bank Manager:oD Drake will be turning 7 & Jax will be turning 5. I will possibly be pregnant getting ready to have or will have just had another baby... If all goes according to plan!:o)

1 years ago...
I was 6 months pregnant with our Jaxon Tyger man but was still known as "Baby #2." And our little Mr. Drake was turning 10 months old!:o) We had bought our high school "dream car"- The Durango! Haha... And we had no idea that by the end of the month of June, we would be home owners! I can't believe it's already been a year...

1 year from now...
I will be turning 25. We will be pretty much be doing the same thing we're doing now- work & school. But I will be busy planning our "Summer Vacation 2011," the boys' first trip to DISNEYLAND! (Hopefully... Haha!) Drake will be turning 3, hopefully pulling out of the "terrible 2's" stage & no doubt becoming even more of a crack up than he is now! And Jax will be where Drakey's at now- turning 2, 10% Angel 90% STINKER!!!:o)

Yesterday...
Memorial Day- Remembered the many soldiers who gave their lives protecting this great country, including my Uncle Bruce who passed away 11 years ago in an Army accident in Columbia doing drug surveillance... Love you Uncle! We started the day out by going to the Mesa Cemetary with the Hunsaker side of the fam, putting flowers on family graves. Then we had a YUMMY brunch at Cracker's... So good! Then went to the Pedersen side of the fam for my big little brother's, DP, graduation party. It was a looong but fun day!

Tomorrow...
Busy day of laundry & starting to pack for our trip to Utah this weekend for the Forbes' Family reunion. And we won't have much time to do it on Thursday because of the Tim McGraw & Lady A concert!!!:o) Excited much? Yes, I am! So I don't mind working a bunch tomorrow at all...

Do you see why I am a little traumatized now? Wow... it's crazy how fast time flies. So now that I am done with those answers & realizing how fast that all did fly by & putting into perspective how quickly the other things are approaching, I'm alright with getting old:o) I've got a lot to be looking forward to in the years ahead.

1 comment:

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Love this post... It's so fun to think about were you'll be in 10 years. Crazy though because 10 years ago, did you ever think you would be where you are today? NOT ME!!