Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hunsaker UPDATE!

Well I figured now would be a good time for one of these since we haven't done one in a little bit!:)  So... Here goes:

3 years down, Eternity to go with my Hunny!
October 19th marked our 3 year anniversary!  I've had a couple close seconds since then, but that was THE best day of my life, hands down.  Sometimes it feels like time flew by!  But then I start thinking of all the things we've done & that have happened since then and it feels like it's been forever... :)  But I've loved every minute of it, the good & the bad times. 

My gorgeous anniversary roses! 
I just love it when he brings me flowers!!!


On our way to celebrate @ Olive Garden... an anniversary tradition that I so dearly love:)
Shane- you are my very best friend & the love of my life!  I am so happy & blessed that, of all of the girlies in the world, you chose me! (You crazy nut... ;)) And guess what?  I love you! I love you! I LOOOOVE YOOOOU!!!

Jax Man is FINALLY walking & talking!
I know he's only 13 months and that's still not a SUPER long time to wait, but if it was you carrying this 30 lb munchkin around everywhere, you'd think it was taking forever too!;)  He was just taking his sweet time... But he did it!  He started taking steps a couple months ago but never more than 3.  But on the 16th, it just clicked. We're still a little shakey (I love his little waddle!:)), but he's walking pretty much anywhere he can get to.  Now he is working on running (Lol, sort of.) & trying to open doors... Just broadening his horizons, I guess:)
Now the talking... Haha  it's just a few things & it's only stuff that only a couple of us understand, but it still counts!  There's the stuff he's been saying for months like "Momma" "Dadda" "Budder (Brother)," stuff like that... But  now he has "wow" & "ow" perfected.  He says "doggy" "& sings "hot dog, hot dog" (The Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, for those of you without Playhouse Disney watchers:)) The funniest thing though is "good job!" Sounds more like "ood dob" but like I said before, I understand it so it counts:)


2 year old Drake = Sourpatch Kid!
Holy. Cow.  I don't think anyone really quite understands the phrase "terrible 2's" until they have had the joy of experiencing a 2 year old of their own!!!!!  It is exhausting!  He has thrown some seriously impressive fits & happily he's never really tried one out in public.  But at home, anything goes.  And the fits can last anywhere from 1 minute to 15 minutes.  Anything past that, Mom can't tolerate it anymore & pulls out all the stops...  Even if it means bribing him with something; I am not above bribery!  No worries, I'll make sure I'm not creating a monster with that;)
But he can also be the sweetest 2 year old in the world when he's not be a terrible one!  Like just a second ago when I went to go get him out of bed from his nap- I open the door & he smiles & says "Good morning!!!"  TOO CUTE!  Hehe  The other day, Shane & I woke up to him singing his rendition of the Happy Birthday song, "Happy day to you today!  Hip-hip, HOORAY!" over & over.  My favorite time of day that I can usually be sure he'll be sweet is at bedtime.  He'll give us a fish kiss, point to his eye, then to his chest, then to us & say "I yuv YOOOOU!" followed by a "Nigh nigh..." Melts my heart!  50% Devil, 50% Angel...  The thought that almost brings me to tears is the fact that his little brother isn't too far behind...  Haha  Just kidding... But not at the same time.  That's why there's not another to follow behind Jax anytime soon.  (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!):)

No comments: