Thursday, June 9, 2011

Then they do.....



Then They Do
by Trace Atkins

In the early rush of morning,
Trying to get the kids to school:
One's hanging on my shirt-tail,
Another's locked up in her room.
And I'm yelling up the stairs:
Stop worrying 'bout your hair, you look fine."

Then they're fightin' in the backseat,
And I'm playing referee.
Now someone's gotta go,
The moment that we leave.
And everybody's late,
I swear that I can't wait till they grow up.

Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.

Now the youngest is starting college,
She'll be leavin' in the Fall.
And Brianna's latest boyfriend,
Called to ask if we could talk.
And I got the impression,
That he's about to pop the question any day.

I look over at their pictures,
Sittin' in their frames.
I see them as babies:
I guess that'll never change.
You pray all their lives,
That someday they will find happiness.

Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.

No more Monday PTA's,
No carpools, or soccer games.
Your work is done.
Now you've got time that's all your own.
You've been waitin' for so long,
For those days to come.

Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.

Ah, then they do.




This song describes how I've been feeling a little too well... My babies are growing up TOO FAST!!!  Seriously, has anyone figured out how to freeze time?  Because I would really like that to happen.  Right. Now. :)

Both Drake & Jax are such seriously fun phases!  Yes, they are both taking turns with the whole "Terrible 2's" thing.  But it's not THAT bad... (Ask me if I feel that way while Drake is having a meltdown in the middle of Wal-Mart while Jax is pulling anything he can reach off the shelves! Hahaha!:)) But the whole personality development is so much fun to see. 

And they are BOTH talking so much, it's amazing!  It still catches me off guard somedays when Drakey pops off saying something that is so... not 2 year oldish!:)  Haha I LOVE IT.  And I've loved reading when my friends would post the silly things their kids would say & I just couldn't wait to be able to do that.  Well, that day has come!  And they are hysterical & could seriously brighten the worst of my days just reading them.

My big boy, Drake! Age 2 1/2
  DRAKE-isms (Over the course of the last few months...)
  • "Wha did doo do??? (What did you do???)- He says this ANY time anything slightly bad happens:)
  • Momma-Shane - What he used to call me... Or anyone else for that matter.  He'd always add "Shane" onto everyone's name.  Daddy-Shane, Aunt Nessa-Shane...
  • Scratchin' his brain...
  • Good Mo-ning! - First thing he says to me in the morning.
  • "DATSON TYGER!" (Jaxon Tyger!)- He says this in his gruff voice when he's scolding his brother.
  • "I wike a tatoe." (I like potatoes.)- A very random & out of the blue statement he made whilst driving in the car one day! Haha
  • "Hey! Das mine!"- What he says to anyone he feels like.  I especially love it when he says this one to strangers in the store, made better with a demonic voice too! :)
  • "It's a SQUERRRRRRR!!!!!!"- Whatever slightly resembles a SQUARE.
  • "No, no!!! No Tissing!!!" - What he says when Shane & I kiss!  I thought this wasn't supposed to come until much later... :)
  • "Onna tweat?" (I want a treat?)- First things he use to say to Grampy Tyger.
  • "Way fo me!!!" (Wait for me!!!)- Said 3 times in a row, everytime.
  • He sings the Clean Up Song like "Cwean up, cwean up everywhere!" Cwean up! Do a share..." :)
  • "Oh no! What happened to Christmas???" The start of a meltdown when I attempted to take the Christmad tree & decorations on New Years.  Also the reason why it all didn't come down til Valentine's Day!!! Hahaha :D
  • One day, talking about animal noises... Me: "Drake, what does a donkey say?" Drake: Hits his head with his hand & says "DOOOOOONK!"  LOL I about died of laughter that day!
  • Singing "Popping Time!" while running the bases on a baseball field.  Or in circles in the living room if a field is not available!:) He got this from the movie, The Sandlot. See link below to hear the song!:)

  • Favorite movie quote: "Hey everybody! I made gumbo!" from The Princess & The Frog :)
  • "TROLL BRIDGE!!!" What he calls every bridge & what he yells as we go over it too...... Thank you, Dora the Explorer......
  • "Yes sir, Mom!"- The latest response to me when I tell him to do something... Haha
  • "No, I can't like it!"- What he says when he doesn't want to eat or do something.
  • Drake: "Fine." Me: "Fine." Drake: "Fine!" Me: "Fine!" Drake: "FIIIINE!!! Go ahead, Mom!"- I can't even remember how this one got started but he never does it seriously.  So it's cute!:)
  • Earlier this month, Drake was waiting for me to bring him his lunch & was playing with something on the table.  I said "Put that back please." He did, so I said "Thanks Baby." As I put his food in front of him, he says "No... Thank YOU, Mom. Thank YOU!" Hehe I wanted to squeeze him...
  • The other day after Shane changed his bum, Drake said, "Oh thanks for helping me! That feels better..." Yeah......... It's REALLY time to start potty training! Hahaha

My Jaxon Tyger!  Age 1 1/2

 JAXON-isms
  • "Dit down!" (Sit down!)- What he yells when HE is standing up in his highchair or anywhere he's not supposed to be on.
  • "Oh CWAP!" (Oh crap...)- Not my finest hour as a mother.  I said it once whilst trying to park & he's been saying it ever since.  My favorite time that he does it is right in the middle of Sacrement meeting... Yeah...
  • "Happy... to ooooo!" (Happy birthday to you!)- One of my very favorite things he does!:)
  • "Day doooo!" (Thank yooou!)
  • "Frow!" (Throw!"- Meaning duck & cover because he's chucking something your way!
  • "Oooh nooo!" & puts his hands on his head- He does this when he gets caught doing something naughty... Like taking a poopy diaper off & gets it all over his crib..... :P Yuck!
  • Snapping = Pinching his fingers together & making a clicking sound noise with his tonque!:)
  • My handsome blue-eyed boy!
  • "Eeeeeeewww... GROTH!!!" (Gross with a lisp:D)- Generally when he says this, it's about a booger or a bug.
  • "Aaaw mun!" (Aw man)- One thing he says just randomly.
  • "Huh-rooooh?" (Hello?)- A favorite of mine!:)
  • "Hab ma num-nums!" (Have my num-nums!)- He says this while force feeding you whatever he's eating!
  • "Pop! Pop! Poppin tine!"- Learning to sing Finger Popping Time like his brother for baase running or couch running.
  • "QUEEEEEEEN!!!!!"- As in Lightning McQueen from the movie, Cars:) 
  • "Frow da CROCKS!!"- Crocks are what he calls rocks.


Seriously... I just love my babies!  I can't wait for the next batch of "isms" to share with you all!:)

3 comments:

Kristen Jensen said...

SO adorable!! I loved reading about your boys, they are so cute!! You are such good mommy!

steve + brindy arnett said...

oh my gosh your boys are soo adorable! i was laughing so hard at some of the things they say! i bet they have so much fun together!

and that song made me almost cry. so sweet and so true. and so sad :( i wish i could freeze time as well!!

Sarah and David said...

Our little family didn't have such a good day today, but after reading this and making me laugh out loud HA! I feel a lot better! Thanks for sharing the stories of your hilarious boys! I love it!