Well, this Summer was not necessarily as eventful as the last, but we sure had some big things in this Hunsaker Home to share... :) We'll pick up where we left off with the last post...
-THIS MOM is OLD!;)-
Yep, I turned a quarter of a century old too & I didn't quite know what to think about it, at first. The day before, Shane & I went out with Kyle & Kels to see the last installment of Harry Potter...... LOVED it! Then Kyle & Kels were kind enough to watch the munchkins so we could keep up a 9 year tradition of going to Olive Garden for my birthday date dinner:) Oh so good! My favorite restaurant, for sure... On the actual day, my amazing Mom made my favorite meal, STEAK & POTATOES (Yeah, I gained a bit of weight that weekend:D) & spent the rest of the evening being with my wonderful family, which is just how I like it... So 25 definitely didn't start out too shabby, that's for sure:)
-VACATION TO ST. GEORGE!-
At the end of July, we finally had an opportunity to get away & see my MAMMA! We absolutely love this lady & we love Utah so we look forward to any chance we have to visit her...
| Yep, that's my Mamma getting down & playing with my babies at thier level... This will probably always be one of my favorite pictures!:) |
| Mamma's lap is one of the best places in the world! I speak from experience;) It makes me so happy that my babies can know & love this amazing women as much as Shane & I do... |
These boys definitely had a good time while at Mamma's! A little history where her name came from: My oldest cousin came up with it to differentiate her & his other grandmother. So that's what my cousins & I have always called her. But my boys just can't quite get the "Mamma" name down though. They call her Gramma... Which is funny because they call Shane's mom "Magga" because they couldn't say Grandma before! Haha babies...
| I've mentioned this before, but pretty much every child, grandchild, great-grandchild, & now great-great-grandchild of my Great Grandpa Bigelow in my family has swung on this swing!:) Too cool... |
Since this trip, they always tell me," Wanna go see Gramma & swing, pwease???" As if we can just pack up a diaper bag & take off & be there in minutes... Ah, if only. We'll be back soon!:)
-DRAKE turned 3!!!-
This was one event that gave me a little bit of emtoional trauma... I can't believe I have a 3 year old! Time has definitely flown by...
As proof, he is pretty much potty trained! (Yes, the momma is VERY happy about this one!;)) He goes on his own, which I love because I am not very good at the reminders... And when he's done he comes out & announces "I went to da POTTY!!!" Then we have to have a small celebration for him... :) So proud of my big guy!
He is growing up to be such a big boy with a big personality to boot! We very well may have an aspiring actor/singer on our hands:)We just LOVE him and all of the entertainment he brings to us!!!
-Mr. & Mrs. Hoffman-
-JAXON is 2!!!-
What can I say? August & Septemeber are just tough months for me... My BABY is 2- not a baby so much anymore!:(
| He was in the middle of clapping for himself but doesn't totally look like an "Ooooh yeeeaaah! Gimme some cake!" face????:) Love it... |
He is so funny- he's talking so much and truely says the darndest things... Like this little video, haha! My brother has been trying to get me to post it to Youtube for forever now but I'll give it a test run on here. The quality doesn't look all that great but it's the sound that counts!:D
Sorry if you were offended by it- all I can say is we're working on his 'S' sound. BUT you're welcome if you laughed as hard as we do when watching this!:)
Ah we LOVE this little guy too!!!
-CABIN GETAWAY-
We got a mini-vacation up at the cabin this weekend to celebrate Jax's b-day & also just to get the heck out of this darn AZ heat! It was making us crazy... But the cabin sure did us some good! Here's our proof:
| Chillin' in the hammock with our Aunt Kels:) |
| My boys checking out Drake playing Tarzan on the rope swing!:D |
| 2 of my monkies! Drake thought this was "Sooo COOL!!!" |
| Jax petting our horny toad (Christopher!:D) that we found on our little hike. Almost looks like he was squishing him but I promise he was being gentle!:) |
| Drake holding Christopher... This is a BREAK THRU for him because he normally HATES small animals, insects & reptiles. Haha what a big brave boy! |
| Jax & Max walking from our little hike. They're buddies... Partners in crime is more like it, actually!:) |
| Chillaxin' with his big bucket of cheese balls. I'm sure he's thinking "Life is GOOD!" |
| GORGEOUS view from Rim Rd! Ah... Just perfect. |
There's more where this all came from... But you'll have to check back at our next post!:D And I promise that won't be in a couple months either!;) Try back in a couple of hours...







2 comments:
I love it! You guys sure are eventful to us! You seem to always be having fun. So glad he is potty trained now! It's so nice having at least 1 in diapers right?! When we thought that was bad we didn't know what we were in for with two in diapers. Sheesh! Happy Birthday again!
Happy Birthday! I didn't know what to think of turning 25 either! Your boys are too cute!
Post a Comment